Construction of mini TPS (cogeneration plant) fueled by wood chip in Kovel, Volyn region. Generation of electricity and its sale on “green pricing”, production of heat for the needs of the city.
LLC “Kolbe Power Kovel” was created to make this project in March 2015. During the period the following was done: incorporation; allocation and registration of ownership on the plot of land; city-planning regulations were received as well as heating technical specifications and specifications of connection to electric power line; development of broadcast networks; technical specifications from Ministry of Emergency Situations. Public hearings were conducted. Preliminary technical and economical assessment was done. According to assessment results, nominal electric power of 5 Mega Watt and electric capacity of 10,5 Mega Watt are offered. At the current moment project works have been started.
According to the Order of Ministry of natural environment protection of Ukraine №309 as of 26 June 2006, the following rates of maximum admissible emissions of contaminators from stationary sources are approved:
- – nitrogen peroxide (NОx) — 500 mg/m3
- – carbon monoxide (СО) — 250 mg/m3
- – suspended solids (dust) — 50 mg/m3
- – nitrogen peroxide (NОx) — 400 mg/m3
- – carbon monoxide (СО) — 250 mg/m3
- – suspended solids (dust) — 20 mg/m3.
LLC “Kolbe Power Kovel” owns a plot of land 1,36 ha located in western part of Kovel where the project of mini TPS is planned to be realized. There are all necessary services for equipment connection next to the plot of land. So far, geotechnical and topographical surveys have been carried out. Broad-brush configuration of equipment has been completed.
Sources of raw materials
The level of forestation in Volyn region provides sufficient raw materials base for obtaining wood chip of wastewood. Here are sources of obtaining fuel:
- – Logging waste – these are tree waste which appear after tree cutting, branch gathering, timber bucking, assortment barking. Logging waste includes stubs, roots, peaks, branches, butting, off-measurement pieces and tree remnants, bark, needle foliage, leaves and wood scrap.
- – Wood waste – these are wastes which appear in carpentry. They include: slabwood, rakes, trimming, bolt, flake, wood scrap, production chipping waste, wood dust, bark.
- – Technical raw materials – these are not yet fire wood but timber that is not suitable for edged or unedged timber. Technical raw materials from needle-leaved and hardwood is used in production of MDF, flake board, plywood. It also includes pulpwood from needle-leaved and hardwood. Most often birch, pine and spruce pulpwood is used. It also includes slabwood and industrial chips.
- – Pulpwood – that is top parts of trees or curved logs that are not suitable for cutting out a straight panel. Pulpwood is usually used in cellulose plants and is broken down to get chips for future use.
- – Cleaning of field protecting plants. Field shelterbelt is a broad line of forest and shrub vegetation provided to protect roads and fields from snow and sand drifts and other dangerous natural disasters. Field shelterbelts are constructed on plough lands, pasture lands, in the gardens, along irrigation and navigation channels, along railways and roadways, at the rims of gully, on slopes etc… In field shelterbelts, depending on their age, condition and construction, the following types of cleaning cutting are carried out: admitting light, weeding and isolation.
- – Cultivation of fast-growing plants.
Fast growing plants include: willow, silver-grass, cottonwood and other plants whose growth requires agricultural highly mechanized production methods. Every 2 or 3 years trees are cut down depending on group and type of plants. Annual crop of dry material can count from 15 to 30 tons in 1ha. Plants in energy forests are planted as transplanted plants or leaf cutting in a checkrow way or a quincuncial way. In 1ha of land 12-25 thousand of transplanted plants are planted.
Features of bushy energy willow are the following:
- Mean increment — 1,5-3 meters per year;
- Crop gathering — every 2-3 years;
- Number of crop gathering cycles from one planting— 7-8 times (21-25 years).
Тепловая мини электростанция в г. Коростень
Тепловая мини электростанция в г. Буск